Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm looking at Pennsic schedules this afternoon and getting excited. It looks like this will be the year to learn longsword stuff. Bua ha ha ha ha! It feels weird not working on any last minute projects for it...

So last Wednesday I went to practice. It felt good to fight people I'd never fought before... well all except one. The winner of the Ladies' Tourney last Pennsic was there, and it took me a little bit to engage my fighter brain to figure out how to beat her. I'll be ready this year. ; ) The heavy fighter group here, The Brotherhood, seems really neat too. Very genuine people.

Thursday evening Kyle and I got together with his friend Megan to play Arkham Horror, a really involved game based on the writings of H. P. Lovecraft. It was a lot of fun, but we all ended up getting devoured by Cthulu. Megan and I hung out again the next day, playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which was also super fun.


Saturday I went to a graduation party and hung out poolside, and then yesterday it was 70 degrees out and absolutely gorgeous, so we took a drive and went to meet Indiana racing legend Dick Potts. Here I am next to one of his cars. Racing cars are much bigger than I thought they would be...

No comments:

Post a Comment